01 May Vacancy: Planning Advisor, NAO Focal Point
|A. General Information|
|Position||PLANNING ADVISOR, NAO FOCAL POINT|
|Report to||Director General, Puntland Ministry of Planning MoPIED/NAO: through submission of a monthly report of activities and timesheet per format provided|
|Institution||Puntland Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation|
|Expected Duration of assignment||1 year|
|B. Description of the Position|
|The focal point will be established within Puntland ministry of planning. Support to the operations of these focal points will be provided through the NAO Multi Annual Programme Estimate 2017-2021.
Apart from their role facilitating ongoing EU projects, the project officers will support the NDP9 consultation process at FMS level. The Project officer will be responsible for the day to day management of the programmes’ activities or its ongoing technical issues, which remain the prime responsibility of the technical FMS line ministries, implementing bodies and programme management..
The planning officers will operate under the responsibility of their respective FMS Ministry of Planning and acts as focal point for the coordination and facilitation of EU projects in their FMS.
|C. Duties and Responsibilities|
|The Planning officer will have the following duties:
1. organise and/or attend project facilitation and coordination meetings in their areas Organise
2. participate in project steering committees as observers and periodically report on the progress of the project to the management of the FMS Ministry of Planning.
3. Organise visibility activities
4. Facilitate, whenever needed, cooperation between actors within the State.
|D. Specific Duties|
|Support and Supervision
· Follow NIP financed projects and programmes, in the FMS.
· Support implementation where required, report regularly to management of the ministry on coordination issues occurring amongst the projects and respond to specific requests.
Programming and process management
· Organisation of projects meetings and special events, including project launches, groundbreaking or handover ceremonies, etc in coordination with MoPIED/NAO
· Facilitation of site visits